An AB test allows you to compare two versions (or more) of a popup against each other to determine which one performs better.
What can you A/B test?
Some examples of things you could test:
- Targeting rules: should you add a delay before display or should you display your popup immediately?
- Popup design: not sure about your popup copy? Why not try different designs?
- Coupon amount: wondering how coupon amount can impact your subscription rate? Test different coupons and measure the impact on your subscription rate.
When you start an A/B test make sure to keep in mind the following elements:
- It can take some time before you get significant results. The significance of your AB test is estimated in your reporting.
- If you want quick results, limit the number of variants. The more variants you have, the longer it will take to collect data and thus get significant results.
- Make sure you're testing one element after the other. If your variants have a lot of differences, it will be harder to identify which elements really did the difference between your two variants.
1- In your dashboard click 'A/B test' next to your campaign
2- Apply the modifications you want to test to your variant
3- Set the percentage of traffic you want to attribute to each variant
4- You can add additional variants by clicking 'Duplicate as new variation' next to one of the variations.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.
Conclude a test
To know then the test is significant, you can check your reporting page.
We display a confirmation message when we have enough data:
Once you're ready to stop the test, you can click "Duplicate as new campaign" next to the winning version. It will stop the A/B test and duplicate your variant into a new campaign.