With your WisePops account, you can set up multiple websites. You can leverage this feature by setting up two dedicated websites for your staging and production environments.
By doing so, you will be able to:
- Create popups on your staging site, without having to worry about filtering by URL to avoid rendering on production. Since the WisePops setup code will be different in each environment, we ensure that they are fully isolated.
- Duplicate the popup from your staging to your production once you are ready to go. This is easy, and only requires a few clicks on the WisePops interface.
Set Up the Websites on WisePops
Let’s assume you already have WisePops running on your production. On the websites management page, create a new website for your staging environment.
While creating test.example.com, we are shown a new setup code; it will be different than the one used for example.com. Install this new setup code on your staging environment. If you previously installed the production setup code on your staging, make sure to remove it.
From here, you can run test campaigns on your staging website, and they won't appear on your production.
Duplicating Popups from Staging to Production
Once your test campaign is validated, you will want to enable it on your production environment.
This is easily done using the following steps:
- Go to the WisePops application and access your staging dashboard,
- Find the line related to the campaign you want to turn live,
- Click on "More", then "Duplicate",
- Choose to duplicate it into your production website,
- The duplicated popup will be disabled. Go to your production dashboard, and turn it on.