Wisepops is 100% compatible with Magento 1.
Follow these steps to set up Wisepops on your Magento store.
Important note: you can also use Google Tag Manager to set up WisePops, especially if you're using Magento 2.
Add the app to cart and go through the checkout process.
Install the extension, by using Magento Connect Manager access key or direct plugin upload.
Using MCM access key
- Go to your Access Keys page, and copy the access key attached to "WisePops Intelligent Popups"
- From the admin of your Magento website, go to the Magento Connect Manager tool
- Paste the key, click on Install, and Proceed.
Or, using direct upload
If you cannot use Magento Connect Manager, here is the process to manually install the plugin files:
- Download the WisePops plug-in from your "My Downloads" page in your Magento account.
- Extract the content of the archive inside your Magento application. You will notice that the structure matches the Magento structure with the app and design folder.
- Copy and paste the content of the archive directly inside your project. We recommend testing the setup in your development environment before deploying in production.
Check that you have access to WisePops configuration. To do so, go to your Admin then click System > Configuration. In the general section you should find : WisePops Connect.
If you don’t see it, follow these steps:
- Go to Admin > System > Cache Management and flush your cache,
- Try to log out from the admin, and log in back,
- Check that you have the Wisepops folder inside your app/code/community/ folder,
- Check that the file app/etc/modules/Wisepops_Connect.xml is present,
- Edit the file app/etc/modules/Wisepops_Connect.xml and verify that the value of the node active is true.
If you don't have a WisePops account yet
Register on WisePops first and follow the instructions below.
If you already have a WisePops account
Click "Already registered..."
Log in to your WisePops account.
Once done, select Yes under "Activate WisePops".
Click "Save config".